Smart Snacks for Your Alberta Summer 2018 Festival Tour
Summer music festivals are a perfect way to spend your evenings and weekends. The flavour of tunes wafting through the air can only be matched by the wonderful foods available. Imagine the wings with your jazz or the dark beers with your country music. Caution must be taken that you avoid over lading your mouth with too many sugars while dancing in the summer breeze.
Enjoy Summer Tunes Near Red Deer
Gather the family, jump in the car and head out to some of these fun festivals:
• Jazz YYC Summer Jazz Festival: Experience the healthy jazz scene in Calgary and check out their annual concert series to take part in as well.
• Heart of the City Music and Arts Festival: Since 2003, Bissell Centre’s open stage has grown into a two-day festival with several stages to enjoy, playgrounds for the kids, and plenty of parking.
• Country Thunder Music Festival: Want to listen to the hottest names in country music? Then you will want to check out the Country Thunder festival in late summer.
• Calgary International Blues Festival: Not only full of non-stop music, but this festival also boasts workshops and special events. Spend four days immersed in the land of blues.
• Blueberry Bluegrass and Country Music Festival: Check out some of the biggest names in bluegrass and country when you head to Stoney Plain, just west of Edmonton.
• Edmonton Folk Music Festival: With a staff of 300 volunteers back in 1980, this festival has become a leading folk festival in the world.
Pack Healthy Snacks for the Trip – and Save Your Teeth
You have heard the adage to brush after eating sugary snacks, but do you know why? In short, the sugar becomes acidic and attacks your teeth. Enjoying some yummy treats on your tour of the summer festivals is excellent in moderation. Just remember to pack some healthy snacks along the way. Here is a short list to bring with you:
• Fresh fruits and raw vegetables – oranges, pears, strawberries, broccoli, celery and carrots
• Grains – plain bagels, unsweetened cereals, unbuttered popcorn, and pretzels
• Milk and dairy product – milk, yogurt, cheese, or cottage cheese
• Meat, nuts, and seeds – chicken, sliced meats, pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds
Keep Your Summer Smile with a Visit to Your Family Dentist in Red Deer
Stay healthy and keep summer alive with teeth-friendly snacks and music concerts. Remember: a quick check-up can keep you laughing and smiling while enjoying your tunes. At Parkland Mall Dental Centre, our comprehensive services include all aspects of general dentistry for the whole family. Let us show you. We are always welcoming new patients.
To schedule an appointment at Parkland Mall Dental Centre, call 403-342-1118 or use our online contact form.