Parkland Mall Loves Kids!
A part of Red Deer since 1970, Parkland Mall is home to hundreds of retail stores and services, including anchor stores such as Walmart, Staples, and The Keg. It is also home to GoodLife Fitness’s largest centre in Alberta. The wide range of shopping, dining and entertainment options available here make it an attractive venue for the entire family’s outing. Here is a quick overview of this kid-friendly mall’s events and offerings:
• Healthy Strides: If you are looking for a safe and comfortable place to enjoy daily walks with your family, try the marked walking path inside the mall. The venue is open for walkers, daily 7.30 a.m. onwards, and on Sundays from 9.30 a.m. This temperature-controlled space is an exciting alternative to walking the streets or trails in sun, snow or rain. You can also ask the security desk for complimentary step counters to track your daily workouts.
• Mall Street Market: During this annual 3-day event (usually every October), the mall is transformed into a market, and hosts stalls of several community businesses. You can shop for several goodies, including munchies, jewelry, candles, bath oils, leather works, paintings, pets-related items and more.
• Kidz Club: The mall offers free membership to children ages 4 to 12. If your kid is in this age bracket, he or she will get special access to the mall’s newsletters, events, promotions and contests, and a special birthday card each year.
• Babies Day Out: If you are a new mom with a baby less than 24 months, visit the mall on the 4th Tuesday of each month from 9.30 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. Let your tiny tot play safely with numerous age-appropriate toys, while you mingle with other new moms and enjoy the free treats and refreshments. This event is hosted by Family Services of Central Alberta.
• Thursday Storytime: Bring your kids aged 19 months to 5 years, to the mall on the 2nd Thursday of every month from 10.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. You and your little one can indulge in a morning of stories, puppet shows, singing and arts and crafts activities. These events are hosted by Red Deer Literacy Projects.
• Parkland Play and Learn: On the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, Family Services of Central Alberta hosts an interactive session for families to mingle and socialize. While the kids engage in crafts and other activities, you can head to the Food Court from 9.30 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. to meet with other parents. Enjoy the free treats and refreshments while you make new friends at the mall.
Bring Your Child to a Kid-Friendly Family Dentist in Red Deer
Whether you are visiting Parkland Mall for a day’s outing, or for a couple of hours for a special event, take advantage of our kid-friendly, family dentistry practice at Parkland Mall Dental Centre. Apart from our convenient location in a mall that you frequent, there are several benefits of choosing us for your family’s dental care requirements:
• We accept patients of all ages, from children to seniors. Manage your entire family’s dental health at one place instead of going to multiple clinics.
• We are right around the corner from where you shop and dine. Schedule appointments for all your family members on the same day. Take turns to shop at the mall, and get a routine check-up or teeth cleaning service at our clinic.
• We offer extended hours of operation on weekday evenings and Saturdays. You do not need to disrupt your work schedule or drag your kid out of school early just for a dental appointment.
• We can directly bill your insurance company. You don’t have to worry about any additional coordination between us and your insurance provider.
Our comprehensive services include all aspects of dental care that you and your entire family need. The next time you make your shopping list for Parkland Mall, add your child’s dental checkup or routine cleaning to that list. Let Parkland Mall Dental Centre become your family dentist in Red Deer. We welcome new patients round the year.
To schedule an appointment at Parkland Mall Dental Centre, call 403-342-1118 or use our online contact form.