Dental Technology Advancements
As a child, how often did you visit the dentist? Did you dread these visits, or were you cajoled and convinced into looking forward to them? No matter how you looked at a trip to the clinic, dental treatments are generally associated with mild discomfort, slow and long-drawn treatments, and at times, unbearable pain.
However, if you compare the dental visits when you were a child with your present day experiences, you will surely agree that a number of aspects have changed. Whether it is the chair that you sit in, the equipment used for treatments, the variety of braces or dentures available, or the length of treatments, it’s all about being pain-free and comfortable nowadays. Constant advancements in the field of dentistry have been positively impacting both patients and dentists.
At Parkland Mall Dental Centre, we are always on the lookout for dental technology that helps our patients experience greater comfort, minimal pain, and faster treatments. You are welcome to chat with one of our Red Deer dentists about how we encourage and embrace dental technology advancements for the benefit of our patients.
How Dental Technology Advancements are Benefitting You
1. Accurate Diagnosis
• With access to tools such as DIAGNOdent, your dentist can detect cavities that regular x-rays cannot find. With another modern tool, the VELscope, your dentist can spot mouth abnormalities and detect early forms of cancer when screening for oral cancer.
• To detect and address early tooth decay, there are newer tools like HealOzone. This treatment is quick, easy, and painless for you. With HealOzone, your dentist can restore your decayed tooth before it worsens.
2. Better Appearance
If you are going through dental treatments that involve braces or dentures, you often worry about how your overall look may be affected.
• For highly effective teeth straightening, you now have access to clear, almost invisible braces such as Invisalign®. Compared to traditional metal braces, Invisalign braces are more comfortable to wear, easier to clean, and do not restrict your food intake.
• To restore missing teeth, you now have screw-based dental implants. These are not only long-lasting, they also offer you the look and feel of a natural tooth.
• For smile improvements, whitening treatments such as Zoom!® give you excellent results and make your teeth up to 8 shades whiter in a single appointment.
3. Higher Speed
Most traditional dental treatments required you to go through multiple sessions spread over several weeks or months. Dentists have now started using laser-based procedures for a number of issues such as, filling cavities, reducing tooth sensitivity, and getting rid of tumors. Laser dentistry may eliminate any discomfort for you and makes the process fast and efficient.
4. Greater Safety and Comfort
• For intrusive dental procedures where pain is unavoidable, you can choose from various sedation techniques such as oral sedation, nitrous oxide, or IV sedation. These options are comfortable and safe, even with pre-existing medical conditions.
• For a speedy diagnosis, dentists now use digital X-rays where digital images of your tooth and gum are available in a matter of seconds. This process is hassle-free and safer for you as it emits less radiation than traditional X-rays.
• During smile restoration treatments, your dentists can use digital imaging and modelling techniques to create a realistic representation of your face. There is no greater comfort than being fully involved in the process and knowing exactly how the dental restoration will make you look.
Take advantage of the modern technology that we use at Parkland Mall Dental Centre. To schedule an appointment, call 403-342-1118 or use our online contact form. New dental patients are welcome too.