What You Need to Know About Dental Bonding
If you are dissatisfied with your smile, dental bonding from Red Deer dentists may be the right solution.
What Can Bonding Fix?
Dental bonding is used primarily for cosmetic procedures to correct issues like:
- Decayed teeth
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Improving the appearance of discoloured teeth
- Closing spaces between teeth
- Making teeth appear longer
- Changing the overall shape of teeth
- Protecting a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
Also, bonding is used as an alternative to amalgam fillings.
The process for bonding teeth is fairly simple and will depend on one of two methods:
- Direct Composite Bonding – This is when a tooth-coloured composite is used to fill cavities, repair chips or cracks and close gaps. The materials can also be directly applied to your teeth and then sculpted to create a smoother, more even appearance. These are often referred to as “veneers.”
- Adhesive Bonding – This attaches a restoration to your tooth, also referred to as an aesthetic crown or porcelain veneer. After a colour has been decided, your dentist will roughen the exterior of your existing tooth using an acid solution. Then, a liquid bonding agent is applied so that the veneer can stick to the tooth. The material is hardened using UV light. Your dentist may use a tooth-coloured putty to mold and smooth the tooth and continue the process until the tooth looks as natural as possible.
Bond with Your Smile!
At Parkland Mall Dental Centre, we are accepting new dental patients in Red Deer for all cosmetic dental care. With professional bonding, you may enjoy a new, beautiful smile at a fraction of the cost of other cosmetic procedures. To see if you are a candidate for bonding and other cosmetic dental care, come in for a consultation and meet with our Red Deer dentists.
Call us at 403-342-1118 to learn more about our bonding and cosmetic dental procedures. If you need a family dentist in Red Deer, we are accepting new patients. Fill out an online contact form to get in touch and schedule an appointment at our clinic today.