Need to Perfect Your Smile? Veneers Could be the Answer
There are two materials used to create dental veneers: resin and porcelain. Each has their own benefits and use. For example, porcelain veneers are better at resisting stains, which is great if you are a coffee drinker or enjoy the occasional glass of red wine. Resin veneers, however, reflect light more naturally and thus, give a more natural tooth appearance.
What Can Veneers Fix?
Your Red Deer dentists at Parkland Mall Dental will use veneers to fix a variety of cosmetic issues, including:
- Tooth discolouration
- Worn down or chipped teeth
- Broken teeth
- Misaligned, uneven or irregularly shaped teeth
- Teeth with gaps in between them
Most patients prefer veneers to other cosmetic procedures because they offer instant improvement. Some distinct advantages of using veneers include:
- They offer a more natural, tooth-like appearance compared to other methods.
- They do not irritate your gum tissue.
- Porcelain veneers are stain-proof.
- The colour of your veneer can be selected to match existing teeth; so no one will ever know you have had a veneer put into place.
- They are more conservative compared to other cosmetic procedures but still offer a dramatic change in appearance.
Once your veneers are in place, they do not require any special care. In fact, all you need is to continue brushing and practicing good oral hygiene as you do already. This includes brushing, flossing and rinsing daily. While porcelain options do resist stains, your dentist may recommend you avoid too much of any stain-causing foods, or at least rinse immediately after eating them to preserve the colour of your veneers.
Are Veneers Right for You? Meet with a Family Dentist in Red Deer
Veneers are permanent; therefore, you want to make sure it is the right procedure for you before opting for it. Your family dentist can go over the process as well as determine if you are a suitable candidate for veneers.
Call us at 403-342-1118 to learn more about veneers. Parkland Mall Dental Centre is accepting new patients. Fill out an online contact form to get in touch and schedule an appointment at our clinic today.